Day 17: Bjarkalundur to Bildudalur, Iceland. 270km

Today has been a very special day on the road.

My heart was bursting with joy...
From the moment I saw the perfect dandelion head...
From the moment I looked up and saw the outline of a sunlit jet plane above...
From the moment I realised what cerulean blue truly meant... 
... And Viridian, ultramarine, turquoise, sapphire, sky, Prussian blue...
From the moment I saw my first puffin...

Come, ride with us.

 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 


 


 
 
Orlanda at the westernmost point of Europe. Latrapjarg

 
 

 Fish of the day...
Plokkfiskur. Fish pie. Mix fish soup with mashed potatoes and top with grated cheese.

 
And the special dish of the day.
Marinated puffin breasts with bilberry sauce.


Comments

Julie said…
just gorgeous, and delicious. I can almost taste it!

Popular posts from this blog

Homeward bound: Picton to Queenstown, New Zealand. 875km, 11.5°C-22°C

Ngorogoro Crater