Day 68: Portland, City food trucks and Multnomah Falls

An early start so that we can drop in on Mark's men's morning coffee group.

They have been following our blog so Mark insisted that it was OK for me to come along, too

Pete and Murray are two of the group who have been meeting each day for years.
Then off to The BMW store for Orlando's 10,000km service ( a wee bit overdue at 12,000 on the clock).
Who is going to ride out on a new bike today?

Who is hungry?
Mark took us into the city and we had lunch at a food truck - one of many parked in a central city square.
All were doing brisk business.
Falafel, hummus, tsatsiki and salad for me.
Lamb kebabs for Mark.
Thai
Mexican

Pacific North West



Some trucks have picnic tables and chairs.

A 'must see' in Oregon...
The Moltnomah Waterfall is 'just a waterfall'; it is 611'/168m the second highest waterfall in the USA.
Road traffic in Portland is congested.

After a long slow drive back into Portland to the BMW shop we are welcomed by Jeni.

Jeni is a roller derby star. In a few minutes my complete ignorance about the sport is rectified. Apparently it is like wrestling on roller skates. Jeni started the roller derby organisation in Kentucky.

I have since discovered there are roller derby clubs in New Zealand. First you need some roller skates and you need to be able to roller skate.

Back home where Mark displays his culinary skills.
Steak, salad and greens for dinner.

Most days I read some encouraging words. From time to time I share them knowing that someone reading this blog will be as encouraged as I have been.

Today, on Mark's fridge...

'No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.'



Joshua 1:5







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeward bound: Picton to Queenstown, New Zealand. 875km, 11.5°C-22°C

Ngorogoro Crater