Let me introduce you...

...to lulo, a wonderful tropical fruit aka solanum quitoense.
I scooped out the flesh and my mouth got a lovely surprise. Sharp, lemon flavour with pineapple and mango notes. The lulo gelato and lulo juice reminded me of soursops. The fruit is the size of a mandarin and has slightly furry skin. Their cousins, the tamarillos, are also in season. They are both in the solanum (nightshade) family.
I'll be looking out for lulo on our journey south.




A barrow load of mangoes and big juicy mandarins. Mobile fresh fruit on the street day and night.




Happiness.




Our street in the sunshine.




Cool blue around the corner.




The menu on LPs




And another wonderful meal.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeward bound: Picton to Queenstown, New Zealand. 875km, 11.5°C-22°C

Ngorogoro Crater