Seed time, harvest, streams in the desert. Colours of the day.


Dawn light on the wheat fields near Melba.












Seed clover fields in Melba Valley.




Patriotic letterbox holders.








A glove banner at the RIddle store.




Lovely Joanne who runs the company Store for the local rancher in Riddle. We were the first cash customers for the day. See the clock - 11.45am. Most customers work on the ranch and run a tab. At the end of the month their store account is deducted from wages. What a lonely job. The store was the only building in the area.
Throughout the day we could see plenty of evidence of the impact of water availability on the desert.




Isaiah 43:19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.








The long straight road to Elko from the high country.




Colour. 1. After I put in my polarized over specs today I could change the colour of the blacktop highway and see my own aurora in the blue sky.
If I tilted my head to the left the highway became a deep indigo blue and when tilted to the right it was gold. The sunlight on black parts of the bike became magenta.
The sky was green-blues-violet.
I remembered my conversation with Randy in Calgary about the aurora effect I noticed when I used the specs in the arctic.
2. Chloe at the pub was trying to choose paint colour for her trailer walls. She showed me her selection. I looked at her eyes. They were deep denim blue- one of the colours on her short list. I said "you have already chosen - whatever makes you look good is the colour to have."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeward bound: Picton to Queenstown, New Zealand. 875km, 11.5°C-22°C

Ngorogoro Crater