Some New Zealand pearls - a pillion in training.

Dick and I have travelled on every kind of road surface in all weathers and to isolated places during the summer and autumn of 2012. Sometimes we set up our tent and camped. Sometimes we stayed at country hotels, and sometimes with kind relatives and friends.

The southern Lakes district summer was the best summer in decades. Marlborough, my home turf, turned on the sun.  I am a fine weather biker but the blustery sleet we encountered in the McKenzie Country was a good challenge for us and our gear.

The final test was a 630km ride for Wellington to Auckland in one day during April. It took us 11 hours and I arrived feeling ready to do it all again.

Waiting to board the Cook Strait InterIslander Ferry as we head south for a summer of motorcycle riding.





The farm and the hills that are my Turangawaewae -The place of my Reader family since the 1860's.  Havelock, Marlborough.



Molesworth Station- a back country gravel road, open for a few weeks each summer.



Beyond the vineyards in the Awatere Valley, Marlborough.


Lake Tennyson, Rainbow Valley, Marlborough, NZ

















A river crossing on the 4WD Rainbow Valley Rd. I discovered my bike boots are waterproof as I paddled across.

A rainbow of promise on a stormy day, South Canterbury, Inland Scenic Route.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeward bound: Picton to Queenstown, New Zealand. 875km, 11.5°C-22°C

Ngorogoro Crater