June Anniversaries, India 2011, Larapinta Trail 2010 and Switzerland 2009.

One year ago today we began a bike trip in the Indian Himalayas.
Here we are getting acquainted with 1952 Royal Enfield Bullet.




Ken and Shirley were on the trip.




Both we and the bikes were still breathing at 18,380' on Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world. Here we are with Mike Ferris who organised the trip.




Descending to the Vale of Kashmir. Just before this I had prayed for our safety and a profound peace came upon me and the word Trust. I knew that I can trust this man driving the bike.





On June 28, 2011 I joined a walking group - the Desert Choir led by Raymond Hawthorne. We hiked in the Larapinta trail beyond Alice Springs in Australia, stopping in chasms and gorges to sing a Capella gospel songs and camping at night. I was a tenor for the week.
Such joy singing in the magnifence of the outback.




Early morning in the outback.






In June 2010 Dick and walked over alpine passes on the Alpine Pass route from Sars on the eastern border of Switzerland to Meiringen - about 180 km west. I took the ferry one day and the train another.



Gorgeous views were the reward for persistence!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeward bound: Picton to Queenstown, New Zealand. 875km, 11.5°C-22°C

Ngorogoro Crater