Sunday, 23 September 2012

On the road to Leon






Farewell Zacatecas and Hotel St Lucia. An historical building with rooms tucked away under huge brick arches. Right in the heart of the historical centro district which has a UNESCO world heritage site appellation.




Around the one way system to Ruta 45. This part of Zacatecas is about 5 centuries old. Narrow streets. It felt as if we were in Spain.




We were pulled over at three police and military check points today. Vehicles were being searched. Serious business. I always open my visor and lift the face of my helmet and smile a motherly smile. I met fellow adventurer Deb Hewson in Durango and now I have a better understanding of the purpose of these checks. Take a peek at her blog letterstocurlyflat.blogspot.com.












We went through the historical centro of Aguascalientes on the way.








Safe arrival at the Howard Johnson Centro Historico hotel. A huge fiesta was well underway. I'll show you in the next post.





Location:Zacatecas to Leon. 248km: total 2610km. Odo 33728km

No comments: